Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Yep, It's a Boy!

I found out as part of my Mother's Day present. We went to a great pregnancy spa near our house and took the boys too. I really wanted to find out as a family.

Well...the second she moved the wand under the goods I saw: TESTICLES. The tech said: 'Maybe you can get a girl dog?'

At first I was stunned. I had been so sure it was a girl. I thought. We drove to C's parents' house to celebrate Mother's Day and I sulked the whole five hours. I think most of what fueled my annoyance was the fact that C was SO HAPPY about it. I had NO IDEA that he wanted a boy. He always said he hoped it would be a girl but he was in-the-closet Team Blue the whole time.

So I think a lot of my irritation was the fact that a) I was wrong, wrong wrong (so much for my 'mother's intuition' ;) and b) I was NOT getting my way. *Sigh*

So I struggled through the weekend and then got over it. I was able to FINALLY call him by his name. Then, one day he started moving like crazy and I completely fell in love with him. Now I wake up each morning and fall asleep each evening to his happy little thumps and wiggles. I love having my boys now and I know I will love having another.

It HAS been annoying though when I tell people I'm having a third boy they always give me a pity face. I hate that! I'm fine with having another boy, it's worked out well so far. OR they say 'better luck next time.' Like a boy is such terrible luck AND as if I am doing this again--I'm NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment