Monday, March 28, 2011

Dreams and Inward Journeys

I've always been really into dreams. This pregnancy, though has been a fairly dreamless one. I sleep pretty heavily each night and groan with pleasure when my aching back hits the mattress. Holding my eyes open past 9:30 PM takes major effort, but once I wake up I just can't remember my dreams.

Last night though...or rather, this morning after I went back to sleep once I got the boys off to school I fell right back asleep and immediately began a series of intense dreams.

In the first one I was really happy: I was going to a department store (?) to find out for certain what gender my baby was. I waited in line and received a typed report that said (AND it came with a guarantee!) that I was having a girl. In my sleep I remember feeling relieved and also a bit smug: I KNEW I was having a girl!

My next dream wasn't so awesome: I was in San Francisco in the Mission and my car got stolen. Boo. I woke up feeling anxious and upset. BUT the important part was the first dream. When I was pregnant with the boys I had lots of dreams that they were boys: none at all that they were girls so there could be something to it.

I don't think the next appointment is for gender: I think it is another *&$$% blood test and a belly checkup. I don't remember if 16 weeks is too early to schedule or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment